Apple pie is delicious anyway you make it,I believe.This is an old recipe from a Mennonite Cookbook that my mom had when I was a kid.I made it first when I was about 15,and have loved it ever since.It is an open-faced pie,and it has a yummy custard layer under the apples.
Bake at 350 for an hour.Serve warm or cool.A scoop of ice cream on the side pushes it over the top!🙂
Pie-baking tip:Most pies can be baked at 350º for one hour.The edges never burn,and the bottom crust is sure to be done.Yes,sometimes it ‘cooks out' a bit,but don't overfill your pies,一切都会好起来的。I bake every pie like this.
- 6 tart apples
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 TBL
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1½ cups milk
- Pastry for one 9 inch pan
- Mix sugar and flour together and spread in pastry shell.
- Pare apples and cut in quarters;fit tightly together in shell,on op of flour mix.
- Sprinkle apples with cinnamon and dot with butter.
- Pour milk over the mixture.
- Bake at 350 for one hour.
How about you?Do you have a standard baking time for pies?Or do you just follow the recipe??